Downtown Parking Perks
We are pleased to introduce Downtown Parking Perks, a cash equivalent incentive program and promotion to encourage commuters and employees of downtown Glenwood Springs to park in alternative lots and use alternative transportation during the downtown construction period, which will begin soon and fully conclude in late summer or early fall 2013.
Construction will take place between the 800 and 900 blocks of Cooper Avenue, with two projects. One is a public parking structure, funded by the City of Glenwood Springs and the Downtown Development Authority, and the other is a dual-use building for Colorado Mountain College and the Garfield County Libraries|Glenwood Springs Branch Library. Please see more details and regular updates on the construction projects at www.cogs.us/parkingalternatives.
As a downtown business owner or operator within the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) boundary, we invite you to participate in this incentive program to bring additional traffic and promotion to your business, at no cost to you.
Downtown Parking Perks has the following goals:
- Encourage parking outside the downtown core for commuters and employees, so that two-hour parking is readily available for visitors, shoppers and diners to the downtown.
- Support cycling and walking as alternatives to driving into downtown Glenwood Springs.
- Promote shopping, dining and visits to the downtown during construction, and to re-invest the Downtown Parking Perks winnings back into this segment of the Glenwood Springs business community.
- Engage positive community participation, awareness and enthusiasm for the major improvements that will result from the construction projects, and the larger vision for long-term downtown vitality.
Downtown Parking Perks citizens and commuters will participate by doing the following:
- Register personal contact information, bicycle, and/or automobile license plateat www.downtownparkingperks.com.
- Once registered, participants are eligible for random selection of cash equivalent prizes, in the form of tokens (example pictured below), for redemption at participating downtown businesses.
- Registrants park car or bike in identified alternative parking lots and bicycle racks around town (see map below).
- Registered cars and bikes that are parked in suggested alternative lots and racks will berandomly selected for prizes, in the form of redeemable tokens. Winners will be contacted from their online registration information. Prizes are $250 and $500 cash equivalent awards to be redeemed at participating downtown businesses.
- “Instant Gratification” tokens, in the amount of $10, will be awarded at random to cyclists and motorists in the identified alternative lots and racks, and will be awarded with or without online registration, right on site.
For your business to participate in Downtown Parking Perks, we request the following:
- Your agreementto accept the logoed Downtown Parking Perks wooden tokens (see image example below) as cash from customers, for purchases in your business.
- Your willingness to redeem the tokens you have accepted from customers for reimbursement at the City of Glenwood Springs finance department, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 101 West 8th Street, Glenwood Springs.
- Your business will be listed on the Downtown Parking Perks and the Downtown Partnership websites as a participant.
- Value-added offers, with “matches” on a portion of the Downtown Parking Perks tokens are encouraged—though not required—from participating businesses. Your special or value-added offer will be promoted by the City, the Downtown Partnership and the Chamber.
- A Downtown Parking Perks window cling will be provided for you to display in your business. We can provide you with a logo for your website, to promote the program and to send your website visitors to Downtown Parking Perks to register.
- This full-scale incentive promotion will be publicized in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent and online. Winners’ photographs and names will be published regularly, encouraging community-wide awareness and participation.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to become involved. To do so, please respond that you agree to accept and honor the Downtown Parking Perks tokens, with your name, business contact information, e-mail address—and offer if you choose to extend one— to:
We hope you will encourage customers, employees, friends and associates to also take part in Downtown Parking Perks!
The Downtown Parking Perks Team
Leslie Bethel, Downtown Development Authority
Kate Collins, Write Brain West, Inc.
Tom Fleming, Glenwood Springs Downtown Partnership
Rosa Mendez Silver, Transportation Manager, City of Glenwood Springs